Don't wait for dinner, grab a snack! Research has shown that eating every 3-4 hours can decrease your total daily calorie intake and increase your metabolism. Try to keep your snack to less than 150 calories and include fiber and protein. Here are some delicious and healthy snack ideas to get you started.
1. Fruit and almonds: one small fruit and 12 whole almonds.
2. Hummus and carrots: limit the hummus to 1/4 cup, and home made hummus may have fewer overall calories if you are the homemaking type.
3. High fiber cracker with cheese and tomatoes: 2 crackers that contain at least 5 grams of fiber and use a low fat cheese.
4. Greek yogurt and high fiber cereal: low fat Greek yogurt, plain would be the better choice and add a cereal with at least 10 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup.
5. Whole grain English muffin with peanut butter: Limit the peanut butter to less than 1 Tbsp or use PB2.
Nutrition from the dietitian
Blog of Abrea Nutrition.