How long has a healthier you been on your to do list? Now is the time. 2011 can be a year of creating a new you. Forget the 10 lbs weight loss that lasts for a month or two, reach your weight and health goals and keep it for the rest of your life.
Here are a few tips to make these lasting changes so that next year, you will have to find a new new year's resolution.
1. Write down your goals. If you need to lower your cholesterol, write down your cholesterol goals and a few changes that will help you reach those goals.
2. Tell a friend. Make sure to tell someone about your goals. It makes it real for you to say it and the friend can help hold you accountable. Better to choose a friend who will not nag or be your police, but choose someone you trust who will check in on you and encourage you.
3. Find a buddy. Exercise is essential for a healthy life. Ask someone who you would love to spend more time with to exercise with you. Make it a social experience and you are more likely to stay committed.
4. Plan ahead. The best way to fail is to find yourself on a Tuesday evening arriving home from work with only Little Debbie's in your Kitchen. Sure failure. Be prepared so that good choices are not so difficult to make.
5. Eat your vegetables. Add vegetables to at least two meals a day and watch the pounds melt away. Why do we forget these nutrient rich, low calorie foods? Make a point to incorporate more vegetables into your regular routine.
Treat yourself a little better this year. For more nutrition advice for the new year, make an appointment with a registered dietitian. Get ready to change your life because it is time for a healthier you. You deserve it.
Nutrition from the dietitian
Blog of Abrea Nutrition.